The Queen’s Cup is hiring!
The Queen’s Cup Steeplechase Foundation, Inc., a 501c3 nonprofit organization, is seeking a seasonal full-time Volunteer Coordinator to start the first work day of each new year through May to help execute this annual charity event held the Last Saturday of Every April. This paid position is critical to the success of race day.
The primary responsibilities of the Volunteer Coordinator role include recruiting and training the Queen’s Cup’s 300+ volunteers, planning and executing all elements of volunteer-related operations on race day, and assisting the small Queen’s Cup team in all facets of event operations.
This role will work from the Queen’s Cup Steeplechase property in Mineral Springs, NC (approx. 40 minutes from Charlotte’s South Park neighborhood) each year from January through May, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Volunteer Coordinator serves a multitude of roles, all vital to the success of the Queen’s Cup, including, but not limited to:
- Recruit 300+ volunteers and find new resources for gathering volunteers, working with Queen’s Cup chosen charity as well as community outreach
- Screen, train, and schedule all volunteers and volunteer positions
- Consolidate and reformulate the volunteer job descriptions, both for volunteer training purposes and for race-day communication
- Create volunteer packets
- Gather donated gifts from community partners/sponsors for volunteer raffle
- Work with the QC team to assist in all facets of event operations (answering phone inquiries, date entry, ticket sales and packaging, donation requests, weekly staff meetings, etc.)
- Plan, execute, and manage all elements of volunteer-related operations on race day (the last Saturday of every April)
- Train and co-manage office volunteers
- This is a seasonal (January through May), full-time (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) position. Mandatory attendance at various weeknight and weekend volunteer training sessions and long hours on Race Day.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Be detail-orientated with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Be a flexible team player and be able to handle many projects simultaneously
- Be able to work independently and complete tasks with little oversight
- Be able to maintain a calm demeanor in stressful or emergent situations
- Strong computer skills and data entry are necessary, and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred. Additionally, the ability to learn and become proficient in FileMaker will be required.
- Basic graphic design skills are desirable but not required.
Interested applicants are encouraged to complete the below form. A member of the Queen’s Cup team will reach out shortly should your profile meet the criteria for the position.